Saturday, December 31, 2016

Tomorrow

Tomorrow. 2017.  Geesh, that didn't take long!  2016 was swift. It flew by faster than any year in my memory. That's not necessarily a bad thing because, in addition to it's speediness, 2016 was often unkind. Frankly, there were moments when it was downright mean, nasty even.

It found those I love the most in the midst of confusion, uncertainty, heartbreak, divorce, financial angst, emotional distress, diagnoses with uncertain prognoses, fear for our nation, concern for our community, changes in careers, the workplace and friendships.

Family and friends lost loved ones, some sadly anticipated but others left suddenly. Gut-wrenching, unexpected. Some I've held and cried with while still others, in far away places, I've wept and prayed for from afar. 

Looking back sends my mind reeling. You name it, 2016 touched it. It's Winter too harsh, Spring too short, Summer too wet and then, suddenly too dry. Autum too ... did we even have one? So, while I can't imagine I'll look back on it with much fondness or, for that matter, miss it at all, to be fair, it was not without it's blessings ...


It's a boy! 

My gorgeous grandgirlies

My daddy, my baby and his baby

Thanksgiving with my pride and joy


Papaw and with our youngest little elf on his first Christmas Eve

So thankful for another Fall Creek Christmas Eve 2016

The Hubs is 56!

Remember, tomorrow we're off to a new start. I think the fact that it's on a Sunday is a good thing. We'll be starting off a whole new year at the beginning of a whole new week. Perhaps it's a sign. A sign of good things to come.  Happy New Year! 



2 comments:

  1. Aw Nana, perfectly said! I haven't read your blog in forever. I hope I can see you in 2017. Love you.... Dj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh DJ, surely we will. Let's make it a point to my friend.I love and miss you so very much! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments! I'm so glad you came to visit!