Monday, October 18, 2010

It's been a while...

Life's just got a way of getting in the way of getting in the way, doesn't it?  It's been a busy month, full of lots & lots to do.  We just had our annual Youthfest at church and that required lots of practice, planning & preparation.  Everything was great and went off without a hitch.  I couldn't have been more pleased with "Stirred".  The group as a whole had gone through some transition -- losing a few older, experienced members and gaining a few young ones -- which, of course, is what happens but when these changes take place (kinda suddenly) right before preparation for a big event it's always more of a challenge.  Then there was Anna Elisabeth's birthday.  I can't believe that precious babe is three-years-old!  I know it sounds so cliche but it happens so fast, doesn't it?  Of course, wasn't I just 16 yesterday? Now I have a son who's nearly 31 (my baby is 28) & the hubby (who I've known since he was 17) will be 50 in December.  Of course, I'm much younger than him :)  I won't hit the big 50 until the end of August 2011 --- a long, long time from now! ;) Some times all this busyness takes up so much of our time both physically & mentally, that we don't enjoy the simple things or take the time to thank the Lord for his love & mercy.  Joshua's recent deployment has been on my heart & mind this month as well.  I continue to trust God for his safety & well-being.  I've got a busy day ahead of me as I'm sure you do -- gotta get to it ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments! I'm so glad you came to visit!