Friday, July 6, 2012

Waiting ...

Maybe I'm the only one who has struggled with this but I'll pose the question any way ...

Have you ever felt that you had been called to do something?

I mean deep in your heart ...
In fact I'll be so bold as to say KNOWN you've been called
Had confirmation ...
Acted on it and all was right in the world ... my world ... then

Circumstances change ...
The unexpected happens ...
The situation becomes difficult ... nearly impossible ... you simply can't see how you can continue on in this manner ... something needs to change ... quickly ...  the NEED is great ...

My first response is to fix it 'cause that's what I do ...
At least it's what I've always done.
You see ..
I'm great in the midst of an emergency ...
I don't panic ...
I don't cry ...
I jump into action ...
I do my very best to fix it ... whatever "it" may be ...
(Admittedly ... when it's all over, I panic & cry & re-enact the whole scenario in my mind and think "OMG, what if this or that had happened?" ... which clearly it didn't but I my brain won't shut off!)

It's this very reaction that I'm fighting to contain ...
I tell myself "Patience is a virtue, Kimberly" ... (who coined that phrase any way? is it based on scripture? I need to "google" it ;)

What if going headlong with your first instinct to "fix it" (quickly) without waiting to hear from God would effectively put what you had been called to do on the back burner ... indefinitely ...

What then? :/  See where I'm coming from ... not so easy now, huh?

Scripture is very clear when it comes to waiting on the Lord.
It seems David spent a lot of time waiting ...
Psalms is full of scripture about it ...
(I really like 27:14)
I've got one thing to say about that ...

It's no wonder he was a man after God's own heart!
(Acts 13:22)

Why is it so hard to wait?
Is our impatience a result of our fallen humanity?
(Sorry, I didn't mean to go dark on you!)

Is it because in this day & age we're simply not good at waiting on anything at all ...
Instant gratification ... to go!
Even when it comes to God? ... Lord help us ...

Or maybe, just maybe, we don't want to ask for help before we've had a go at it ourselves.
DING! DING! DING!
~ Yes folks we have a winner! ~
As much as I hate to admit it, I think the latter is my problem ...
Such an unattractive trait ... it comes from years of dealing with others who, for one reason or another, had an agenda ... "You scratch my back & I'll scratch yours" ...
So rather than compromise ... leaving myself wide open for interference, I say ...
"I'll tend to it myself. Thank you very much" ...
Don't get me wrong ... please know that that's NOT been my experience with God ...
No sirree! ... I can say without hesitation that the Lord has been good to me all the days of my life ...
I've been blessed ...
But I do think that some times the experiences we have with people cloud our vision & skews our thoughts of God and our relationship with Him ...
And as a result ...

My waiting will also need  involve require some a lot of seeking ...
By reading The Word ...

I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
Psalm 130: 5
  
By praying ...

The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
Lamentations 3:25
I am confident that an answer is coming ...
I'm waiting in full expectation ...
But this anticipation cannot should not must not be accompanied by fear and anxiety ...
I won't even attempt to get into the scriptures regarding fear ... That's for another post ... another day... time .... season ...

Oh my ... I've rambled on so ...
Thank you for listening ...
I'd love to hear what you think ...
Have you (or are you) having a similar experience?

Until then, here I'll be ...
Praying ... reading ... studying The Word ...
Waiting ...
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalms 27:14



2 comments:

  1. waiting is so difficult! I've found giving into the impatience is the old devil's way of keeping me that much further from what God is really doing. Stick with the waiting every time... praying for you girly.
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandi ... I desire your prayers girlie ... thank you for following ... love you :)

      Delete

I heart comments! I'm so glad you came to visit!