Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Today is December 25th, which means it's Christmas!
 
I hope this finds you either in the midst of enjoying every minute of the day or maybe just having finished up having a grand time with family, friends and all those you hold dear.
 
Christmas is something I have struggled with this year. Not struggled in the way you might think. I love Christmas. In my opinion it really is the most wonderful time of the year.
 
The truth is that 2012 has been a very different year in our home and I've had to work up every ounce of Christmas Spirit I've had. I've literally had to will myself to be merry & I can honestly say that I've never had to do that before.

Soon the tree will come down, "Edgar" (our "Elf on a Shelf") will be packed away (which reminds me, I gotta get him down from the tree top before the grandgirlies wonder why he didn't go back with Santa last night) as we prepare to welcome 2013 (silly Mayans! ;)

It's then that our lives will return to normal. While 2013 will not be without it's challenges I'm looking forward to the new year. I plan to use this last week of December mindfully, wrap up 2012 in a pretty bow & put it behind me.
 
I believe that one day (only God knows when) I'll look back on this year and know why those lessons learned were necessary but until then, I'll trust in the Lord. It's a must.
 
~ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:5,6) ~
 
Sounds like a great place to start.
 
Merry Christmas!
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Remember that the Lord gives the hardest battles to His best soldiers! I feel confident that you indeed will look back on this year and see exactly where He was leading you. Merry CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Sara, you are such an encourager. Thank you. Love you neighbor (& I mean that! ;)

      Delete
  2. 2012 wasn't great so I'm looking forward to a fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manuela, a clean slate is a good thing for sure & a fresh start ... a welcome change. Happy 2013 to you my friend :)

      Delete

I heart comments! I'm so glad you came to visit!