Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday, Monday ...

It's a gorgeous morning here in the Mountain State.  As I sit here with my morning coffee looking out the living room window, puppy at my feet, I'm reminded of how great God is, how blessed I am.  My oldest son is home for the first time in 2 1/2 years.  I really haven't got to spend much one on one time with him.  Other family members & friends are excited to see him too you know! That's okay because I feel peaceful that he's within these walls, on the property, in the County, the State ... I know any mother understands that.  He has to leave on Saturday so his visit will be short.  He will take home his wife and precious daughter (a 4-year bundle of preciousness!) only to embark on a six-month deployment.  He'll be gone when his baby dons her Halloween costume (no doubt she'll be a princess!), when we give thanks for our blessings on the fourth Thursday in November & when we celebrate the birth of Christ in December ... I trust the Lord to keep him and all the men & women on his ship (& their families too in their absence).  It makes this momma's heart a bit sad but I am very proud of him.  So you can color me sentimental this goregous fall-like morning but right this moment, my son is home, safe & soundly asleep in the home he grew up in.  I am a blessed woman!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're doing this!!! Thank you for sharing your life with us...praying for you...B

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments! I'm so glad you came to visit!