Saturday, September 25, 2010

Autumn, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

It's Fall y'all!  YAY!  Today is the first official weekend of Autumn 2010 and I'm very excited.  I have visions of pansies & mums, pumpkins and scarecrows, straw bales ... oh goodness, all manner of things Autumn!  I'm hoping that, in spite of all the heat we've had here in the Mountain State, the leaves will still get a chance to 'show off' a bit and not simply fall off in exhaustion!  Nothing (in my humble opinion) in all the land is as breathtaking as these hills in all their autumn glory.  This is the season when WV is aptly named 'Almost Heaven' because let me tell you ... The Almighty is surely showing off when he paints Appalachia with lovely hues of reds & orange ... His way of saying "Look what you have to look forward to for all eternity ... hang on ... this is only a taste of what beauty I have in store for My children" .... gives me goosebumps just thinking about it! 

                                       Emmy Rae & her class enjoying an ice cream social!


                                                       Em & her teacher Miss Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments! I'm so glad you came to visit!